Monday, April 1, 2013

The King's Throne Has Arrived

This past weekend we got a lot of little things done and a couple huge ones. We installed our microwave and the storage door. Right now the storage door is just nailed up there but we plan to put hinges and a handle on it. But for now we just wanted to get it covered.

Most importantly, though, we installed our new composting toilet!!! No more goin in a bucket and hauling off the stuff we can now sit high and comfortably on this "throne" that churns and burns everything and turns it into compost. We saved a lot from putting in sewage and quite a bit from the smaller and probably cuter toilet but with feet dangling, I'm now a happier camper! They say this compost grows the biggest and best tasting produce so if any of you are interested in my first crop of tomatoes put your order in now!!! Haha just kidding! ;)

Still waiting on our hot water because we are installing a propane tank and its pricey.

Also finally got the rest of my headboard completed. Can't wait to receive the quilt my aunt in Oklahoma is making me!

And so today I officially break in the kitchen with my first actual meal! Still no stove but thanks to my anniversary gift from my grandma I can make a tasty roast in my crock pot.

Off to prepare for our meeting tonight. Until next time! ;)













1 comment:

  1. Your using s compositing toilet. Sweet !!! How do you like it so far ?

    ReplyDelete